1963 L5CT(ES)

The "other" Kalamazoo-made brand.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1963 L5CT(ES)

Postby JimR56 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 6:23 pm

Bought this guitar in 1990, and it's been my favorite ever since. A definite "to the grave" guitar.

It was pretty roughed up when I got it. Heavily gigged, possibly by bluesman Joe Louis Walker (that's what I was told). The pickups aren't original, although they're paf's, but it's one of those guitars that's so comfortable and broken in, it practically plays itself. There are two photos of it in Adrian Ingram's book on the L5. This is close to my dream guitar (which would be an L5CT originally ordered with a Charlie Christian).

The pickguard rotted a few years ago, but here's what it looked like before that...