'59 Reissue Strat

If it isn't Epiphone or Gibson, talk about it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

'59 Reissue Strat

Postby RAB » Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:15 pm

Hi all, here is a photo of my 2007 '59 Fender reissue Strat. It is a thin skin blonde model on ash body. I upgraded the bridge and block and pickguard to Callaham parts, the bridge pup to Fralin Hot Bridge. This guitar plays and sounds as good as any of the many original pre-CBS Strats I've owned over the decades! And, at a very reasonable price point!! :lol:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (49.05 KiB) Viewed 21616 times

JimR56

Re: '59 Reissue Strat

Postby JimR56 » Sat Mar 12, 2016 5:38 pm

I like the look. A friend of mine has sort of been looking for something similar, but he said he wants an ebony board. I'm not expert on CS Strats, but I'm not sure I've ever encountered ebony on a Strat.

RAB

Postby RAB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:35 am

Gigged my blonde Strat last weekend and it played and sounded great! Played it thru my '64 "tuxedo" Bassman head (6G6-B circuit, black tolex, white knobs) and custom made cab with one 15" Altec...sounded "phat" as the kids might say! :mrgreen:

Purple Jay

Postby Purple Jay » Tue Mar 29, 2016 10:44 am

Very nice, RAB! My fav-o-rite Strat of all time .. '59 Blond (with some grain showing through the finish) slab board!

RAB

Postby RAB » Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:35 pm

Thanks PJ! Too bad it isn't a real '59. A friend of mine had a '59 blonde Strat with factory gold parts and I am still kicking myself for not getting it from him decades ago! :cry: That being said, I only have a few bucks into this reissue Strat and it plays and sounds nearly as good as an old one! :mrgreen: