Fender Custom Shop 1962 Reissue Strat

If it isn't Epiphone or Gibson, talk about it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Fender Custom Shop 1962 Reissue Strat

Postby JimR56 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:37 pm

Built in 1999. I've had it since 2006. Amazing quality, great playability and sound.

This color is impossible to photograph accurately. It's greener than it looks here (even greener than the middle photo). It's not a traditional seafoam, and I still wonder if there was a special name given to this color when they made it.

RAB

Re: Fender Custom Shop 1962 Reissue Strat

Postby RAB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:15 pm

Wow, looks awesome! Surf Green is one of my favorite custom colors. This looks darker? These vintage reissue Strats are great axes...my '59 reissue blonde Strat plays and sounds as good, albeit less mojo than the many pre-CBS Strats I've owned over the decades. I played a real '59 hard tail Strat nearly exclusively for a decade! :shock:

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:37 pm

Yeah, it's much closer to seafoam than surf green (based on my understanding of the standards, as illustrated below). Much closer to seafoam, but it's not exactly seafoam either. My middle photo comes close to the color, but in reality it's a bit more green.

I've had a few Strats over the years (a refinned '65; a white '70; a '73 sunburst; and a Japanese '57 reissue from the 80's), and this CS guitar just destroys all of them. The damn thing is so rich and resonant, I even play it unplugged for long stretches sometimes.

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:42 pm

IMG_4765.JPG
IMG_4765.JPG (49.05 KiB) Viewed 20398 times
Gorgeous Custom Shop Strat! I like my 2007 American Vintage Reissue '59 Strat as well. And I just scored a 2014 custom shop Journeyman relic '59 Tele that is a fabulous fiddle as well! Compares favorably to the genuine old, original Fenders I've had over the years... :ugeek:

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Nov 18, 2016 1:46 pm

These custom shop Fenders are great gigging guitars. They play and sound good and you don't worry about dinging them up at the show! 8-)