1961 Fender Deluxe Amp

If it isn't Epiphone or Gibson, talk about it here.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1961 Fender Deluxe Amp

Postby RAB » Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:15 pm

Digging and gigging my 1961 Fender Deluxe Amp! The brown amps tend to be overlooked, underrated or be over shadowed by the Tweeds and Blackfaces...this amp sounds chunky! And of course will scream when dimed. I don't dime mine. I run it at about 5 for a gutsy rhythm sound. I swapped out the stock Oxford ceramic for a Celestion Gold Alnico...sounds "phat" as the kids might say! And this amp is cool since '61 is the first year for the brown Deluxe...looks mighty sweet too! :D

RAB

Re: 1961 Fender Deluxe Amp

Postby RAB » Sat Nov 05, 2016 3:39 pm

Used the brown Deluxe again last weekend at a bigger venue and it sounded great there too! :D the Celestion Gold speaker is breaking in nicely... :mrgreen:

RAB

Re: 1961 Fender Deluxe Amp

Postby RAB » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:05 pm

This amp sounds great, nice and chunky. Grittier than the Blackface '64 Deluxe I have... :mrgreen: