Phil Upchurch

For talking about famous guitar players who use/used vintage Epiphones.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Phil Upchurch

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:38 pm

Phil Upchurch was the player that made me want to get a Sheraton (even though he played a Riviera).

The tone he got on the 1967 album "Feeling Blue" (Milestone) has always astonished me. Very fat and throaty, but biting. Phil had so much soul.

I'm only finding two cuts from the album on Youtube, but you can get an idea of his tone here: