Alex Schultz

For talking about famous guitar players who use/used vintage Epiphones.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Alex Schultz

Postby JimR56 » Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:32 am

Great blues and soul player who rose to fame playing with Rod Piazza and The Mighty Flyers in the 1980's.

One of his current favorite guitars is a Riviera... '63? '64? I forget. Anyway, check him out.

See if you don't love this:

RAB

Re: Alex Schultz

Postby RAB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 1:53 pm

Tasteful player with great tone from that (likely) '64 long peg head Riv! What kind of amp is he using? I like the singer too!

JimR56

Re: Alex Schultz

Postby JimR56 » Mon Mar 07, 2016 1:26 am

Not sure on the amp(s) he uses. I know he travels a lot (plays all over europe) now, and may not always be using his own amp.

Alex participates regularly in this thread at "The Gear Page" forum: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/index. ... 2/page-190 He's a very nice guy, very down to earth. That thread is so long, I'm sure he probably talked about his amps in there someplace.

Yeah, the singer on that video (Tad Robinson) is just incredible. Apparently he is the opposite of Alex, in that he doesn't do much traveling at all (I think he's based around Indianapolis...?). He's got several CD's out, and Alex plays on a few, I think.