It's nice to be here.

Please feel free to introduce yourself here!
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
javamagic
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

It's nice to be here.

Postby javamagic » Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:47 am

Like you guys I think appreciation and accurate information on Kalamazoo era Epiphones is long overdue, so thanks for starting a forum dedicated to them.

I bought my first Epiphone, a 1962 Crestwood Custom, in 1974 having sold my '62 SG Special in order to fund the purchase. It was a near obsession to get a Crestwood. I'd seen them in the guitar shops in London and felt I had to have one, possibly just to be different from the crowd. Sadly I had to part with it in the late '80s when paying the mortgage took priority. Gladly, my situation has improved a bit since then and I have acquired several more Epiphones (although I've also had to part with a couple too).

This is my 1963 Wilshire.

1965 Coronet.

My semis (The Riviera 12-string has been sold :cry: ).

And the 1967 Olympic that has also been sold.

I'm looking forward to contributing to the forum and learning some other facts about Epiphones (as opposed to the spurious nonsense that gets recycled until it becomes "the truth"). :D

RAB

Re: It's nice to be here.

Postby RAB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:52 am

Welcome JM! You have a wonderful collection of vintage Epis! I especially love the Al Caiola Custom, a really rare fiddle! I'll bet it plays and sounds great too. Looking forward to ongoing discussions, best regards, RAB :ugeek: