Face to face get together?

For "general" discussion of 1958-1970 Epiphones, and/or topics not limited to a particular guitar model or type.
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Face to face get together?

Postby RAB » Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:39 am

Although we are a small and new forum I was thinking it'd be fun to consider a face to face get together. I believe AV lives on the East Coast and I am in California so logistics would be an issue. But it'd sure be cool to meet y'all in person and have a little show of our vintage Epiphones! Or, perhaps we could tag it on to another event like one of the bigger guitar shows? Any interest?! Thanks, RAB

AlienVintage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Face to face get together?

Postby AlienVintage » Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:49 pm

I would absolutely love to! I know for sure that I will be at the Philly show this summer, if anyone is going to that. I would love to go to the Arlington show someday...

RAB

Postby RAB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:06 pm

AV, my brother (who is our band's bass player with some wonderful old Fender basses and a 1964 Epiphone Embassy Bass (customized)) attended the Arlington show a number of years ago and had a blast. HUGE show...ate some good BBQ too! :D

RAB

Postby RAB » Mon Apr 04, 2016 6:07 pm

Might forum members and guests be up for meeting somewhere near the middle of the country? Kansas City? :ugeek:

Frost

Postby Frost » Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:38 am

Hi RAB,

I'm in California, too. In Oakland to be exact. I'd be interested in a meetup. Are you in Northern or Southern California?

Thanks,

Heiko

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:48 pm

Northern CA, very close to you...what old Epis do you have? Any other forum members around these parts?

Frost

Postby Frost » Wed May 04, 2016 10:27 pm

Hi RAB,

I've got a 1967 Epiphone Riviera 6 string in Royal Tan with a Bigsby B7 in player's condition. I've also got a 1967 Riviera 12 string in Cherry which is in near mint condition. As far as other Kalamazoo guitars, I've also got a 1959 ES-330 TD in sunburst with a Bigsby B7 as well as a 1960 ES-330 TDN natural finish with a trapeze tailpiece. Both of the ES-330s are in near mint condition.

Take care,

Heiko

RAB

Postby RAB » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:01 pm

Anyone else interested in a face to face get together to share our guitars and meet and greet?

Hope to hear from y'all, thanks, RAB :D

RAB

Postby RAB » Sat Jun 25, 2016 10:46 pm

Anyone want to meet up to share guitars and stories? I'd be willing to travel a bit...thanks, RAB :ugeek:

RAB

Hi all!

Postby RAB » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:01 am

Hi y'all...I haven't been on the site in awhile! How's everyone doing? Our band has been gigging a lot and I've been using the '62 Riviera. I just scored and have been loving a '61 brown Fender Deluxe Amp. I replaced the stock Oxford with a Celestion Gold 50 watt speaker...sounds great! :D