my 1962 Crestwood Custom

Crestwood, Wilshire, Coronet, and Olympic.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AlienVintage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

my 1962 Crestwood Custom

Postby AlienVintage » Sat Mar 05, 2016 11:38 am

If I had to pick a single guitar model as the most underrated rock guitar of all time, this would be it. It is a '62 Crestwood Custom.

I am getting very close to posting (on this forum) some very comprehensive (and I think will be helpful! Still working on it, but getting close...) shipping numbers for all vintage 59-70 Epis, but according to the shipping numbers, there were probably around maybe 450 or 475 Crestwoods that shipped in this particular configuration, between 1961 and 1963 (the "older" symmetrical body style, clear pickguard, etc.).

In my opinion, I think '62 is sort of the "quintessential" year for this Crestwood configuration, since '61 and '63 were each transitional years:

RAB

Re: my 1962 Crestwood Custom

Postby RAB » Sat Mar 05, 2016 1:47 pm

Wow, that is one clean fiddle. The double cutaway design is truly classic! Lovely, lovely fiddle! Did it come with the original form fit HSC?

AlienVintage

Postby AlienVintage » Sat Mar 05, 2016 3:59 pm

Yup! It came with the original case - a sort of greyish color, form-fit hardshell case. I guess the rectangular ones came a bit later?

RAB

Postby RAB » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:04 pm

Yes, I think rectangular hard cases started in late '63- early '64

AlienVintage

Postby AlienVintage » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:33 pm

Yes - I think that's right! Did your '63 Wilshire come with the rectangle one?

RAB

Postby RAB » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:30 pm

AV, my Wilshire came with the gray and blue "chipboard" contoured soft case. I traded that case plus a chunk of chamge for a nice, correct era contoured gray and blue hard shell case.