Learned something new!

Crestwood, Wilshire, Coronet, and Olympic.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
RAB
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Learned something new!

Postby RAB » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:47 pm

Hi friends...well, sometimes ignorance and prejudice can really get in the way of a great, new experience! Case in point, I'd always bad mouthed and thought the "plastic or bone" white ABR-1 bridge saddles that came on many 1962-64 Kalamazoo products were junk! I imagined that the composite saddles would sound dull and lifeless... I proved myself wrong!! :D I had a mint set I'd removed from my '63 Wilshire, replacing them with a set of vintage nickel plated brass saddles. Just for fun I put the white saddles back on. Wow, they sound great, giving the guitar a richer sound! I think the composite material offsets the naturally treble sound of the Wilshire with its minibuckers and thin body construction...so, live and learn! Now I am tempted to put the white saddles in all my Epi and Gibson electrics! :ugeek:
Think about it, Clapton's '64 335 which he purchased brand new almost certainly came with the white saddles, it certainly sounded good, eh? :P