1961 Sheraton sighting

Sheraton and Riviera.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1961 Sheraton sighting

Postby JimR56 » Tue Mar 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Hey all,

Just thought I would report on something I just came across online. I haven't been searching the web for guitars as much as I used to, so I'm not sure how long this one has been up for sale. It's a relatively obscure (though a veteran) dealer that has it, so I figured that it was less likely to have been noticed. Anyway, it's a sunburst '61 Sheraton at McKenzie River Music in Eugene, OR: http://www.mckenzierivermusic.com/08676.html

It's too bad that the neck had to be refinned, but to my eyes it looks really good. Usually when someone refins a sunburst, it sticks out like a sore thumb. The price may be a tad high considering the neck finish job, but these short headstock models don't grow on trees (although I know some of the parts do ;) ).

RAB

Re: 1961 Sheraton sighting

Postby RAB » Sun Mar 25, 2018 6:05 pm

That might be the Sheraton Jay Rosen had in his inventory for quite awhile. If not it looks identical. Yes, these “New York” neck Sheratons are nice, a chunky handful of neck for sure and of course the wonderful mini-PAF pickups! A real plus in anyone’s tonal arsenal to complement the sound of the full sized buckers on your 335/345/355 Gibby! I gig my ‘62 Riviera a lot! :D