'64 Riviera - relaxing...

Sheraton and Riviera.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
valcotone
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

'64 Riviera - relaxing...

Postby valcotone » Fri Mar 04, 2016 4:50 pm

hi folks, Very cool to have this new forum, thanks AV for setting it up!

Here is my prized '64 Riviera.

I'd love to see photos of others from this era...

AlienVintage

Re: '64 Riviera - relaxing...

Postby AlienVintage » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:25 pm

Love it!
I am jealous 8-)

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:38 pm

Gorgeous. Love that creamy white pickguard against that luscious sunburst.

I'm a Sheraton owner, but one of the things that set me on a quest to get one was hearing a couple of great recordings* where Rivieras were actually used. I had heard them years ago, but it wasn't until more recently that I heard them again and knew I had to have an Epi semi with mini-hb's. I opted to go for a Sheraton, but for that sound, a Riviera is just as great!

*One of them was this album, which I highly recommend:

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:10 pm

Here's my baby...I've owned three 1962-63 short headstock Rivieras and this is the best of the lot...a "to the grave" guitar because I am unlikely to find a better example. I used it on 10/12 tracks on our band's CD. :mrgreen:
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg (239.06 KiB) Viewed 24377 times

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Love it. Sometimes I wish that my Sheraton had a white guard...

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Mar 11, 2016 11:50 am

Interesting to note the change from black knobs to gold apparently in 1964! :ugeek: