1962 Sheraton (cherry)

Sheraton and Riviera.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
JimR56
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

1962 Sheraton (cherry)

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:55 pm

Some of you guys have seen this already, but hey... another opportunity to show her off... how can I resist?

For years (decades) I was more inclined toward full depth hollowbody Gibson jazz guitars, although I owned some ES-3X5's and enjoyed those too. It wasn't until about five years ago that I realized that I needed an Epi semi with mini-hb's. When I got this Sheraton, I was in love with it IMMEDIATELY. I had seen a '60 (sunburst) on ebay about a year earlier, but I couldn't afford it at the time (it went for $14.5K). I'm glad this one found me, because I would have preferred it over that '60 anyway.

She has a 1 3/4" nut, which was a big selling point for me. I also love the dark cherry color, the dark rosewood board, the amazing abalone inlays, the updated/streamlined "Epiphone" script which was fairly new in '62, the small headstock, the binding inset along the fretboard, and I'm happy with and impressed by the trem-o-tone, even if I don't use it frequently. Original case too. I love this guitar, and although I have some other great vintage guitars, they have been gathering more dust than they otherwise would have since I got this Sheraton.

I don't usually post more than a few photos of it on other forums, but since this is the vintage Epi forum, I'm not going to hold back. 8-)

Last edited by JimR56 on Wed May 02, 2018 8:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AlienVintage

Re: 1962 Sheraton (cherry)

Postby AlienVintage » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:32 pm

That Sheraton is absolutely beautiful. One of the best examples I have ever seen. Thanks for sharing!

JimR56

Postby JimR56 » Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:59 pm

Thanks, AV. It's great that you started this forum.

Well, since I've got more photos, I think I'm going to go ahead and post some more. I hope everybody will share as many pics of their guitars as they can. Nothing like photos from different angles and in different lighting to make you feel like you're there sharing the experience of holding the guitar...

RAB

Postby RAB » Fri Mar 04, 2016 9:17 pm

I never tire of seeing this cherry red masterpiece. Interesting, I see the bridge is nearly down "on the deck." My '62 blonde Sheraton was the same way as is my '62 Riviera. Pretty flat neck angles were common on thinlines back in those days...

pablomago

Postby pablomago » Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:53 pm

I'm a little surprised by the nylon saddles. My '66 Riviera came with metal, but the '68 GT LP I had came with nylon.

RAB

Postby RAB » Mon Mar 07, 2016 3:38 pm

Both my '62 Sheraton and Riviera came with the plastic saddles. I swapped them out for metal...just a personal preference...