When (approximately) mini humbuckers switched from plain enamel to poly wire

Mini humbuckers, "New York" pickups, and P-90s.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
AlienVintage
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1266: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

When (approximately) mini humbuckers switched from plain enamel to poly wire

Postby AlienVintage » Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:25 am

One of the things I am hoping to nail down, in the future, is: when exactly did Gibson switch from plain enamel to poly wire on the mini humbuckers?

My gut feeling tells me this will be a similar timetable to the full-sized humbuckers: around 1964 or maybe 1965, with possible exceptions for gold-covered pickups since those were used up more slowly.

But I would love to get some clarity on this precise topic. I think it would be extremely interesting to nail down some documentation.